Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dog Swallows PoisonToad and Lives

In more animal-related good news, a bull Arab hound swallowed a poisonous cane toad and lived after being given vomit-inducing drugs. The story gets better - the toad also lived after being inside the dog for 40 minutes. Normally the poison from a cane toad would kill a dog of that size in about 20 minutes, however the dog never bit the toad. Both the dog and the toad have made full recoveries.

To watch a video clip about this crazy story check out National Geographic's website.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

that's amazing!